In this privacy and cookie statement we describe how JMT processes the personal data of users of the websites and social media accounts of JMT (subsequently called ‘the services’). Information regarding the use of the services, such as the webpages visited, interaction with website content, cookie IDs, referrer-URLs, and information about the devices used as well as the settings of the software on your devices, are stored by JMT. JMT can add information obtained through one service (such as social media), to a profile constructed through another service (the website, for example). JMT will only do so if you have granted permission for it.
Cookies & Privacy
Das Sammeln und Nutzung personenbezogener Daten
JMT collects personal data when you submit them to JMT through the services, for example through a request for information on the services or products, or by registering for a JMT newsletter. JMT uses this personal data exclusively for the purpose for which you’ve submitted them to JMT:
- When you ask JMT for information regarding services and products, JMT will process your personal data in order to comply with your request.
- In case you’ve registered for a newsletter, JMT will use your personal data to send it to you.
- When you make use of services offered by JMT, such as the website, JMT will process your data to (get to) show you targeted ads, to benefit the use of social media, to generate web statistics, to set up interest-profiles, to show recommendations, to create market analyses, and to improve the user’s experience for the services.
Transfer data to third parties
JMT will not transfer your personal data to third parties, unless:
- The transfer is made to a party that processes the material for the purposes listed by JMT in this privacy statement, a processor with which JMT has closed a contract that ensures the processor offers sufficient guarantees regarding the technical and organisational security measures in relation to the processing that is to be carried out; or
- JMT, on grounds of a legal obligation, is forced to forward personal data to the competent authorities.
Änderung/Löschung von persönlichen Daten
You have the right to view, correct, add to and remove from, and to shield your personal data, in accordance with what is established in the Legislation on the protection of personal data. If you want to exercise one of these rights, or if you have any questions about this privacy statement, users can contact JMT through the contact page. If users have registered for the newsletter, they can unsubscribe by sending an e-mail or via the link at the bottom of a sent newsletter.
JMT has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your personal data against loss or unlawful processing.
Cookies are small, simple text-files that are placed on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone as soon as JMT’s websites or apps are used. Cookies are used, for example, to store possible user names, passwords and personal settings, so you won’t need to enter your data again on your next visit.
These cookies can be subdivided in a few categories:
- Essential cookies help JMT’s websites and apps to function. Without these cookies, the websites and apps cannot work properly. These cookies, therefore, cannot be deactivated.
- Storing preferences and settings is done through preferences cookies. Thus, relevant information can be shown when you return to the website. A second example is the situation in which you don’t want to receive interest-based advertising. In that case JMT stores this preference in a cookie on your device.
- Statistical cookies ensure that JMT can learn about how users interact with the websites. This data is subsequently used to implement modifications so the user’s experience of JMT services is further improved. JMT is also able, thanks to these cookies, to learn what the results of their marketing efforts are. Examples of statistical cookies are the cookies that are placed for the purpose of Google Analytics.
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors when they make use of various services. The purpose here is to show advertising and other forms of communication that are targeted on and relevant for individual users. Cookies from social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, are also marketing cookies; they bring about interaction with plugins from social networks. Through these, users can share components of a website in a personal manner on popular social networks such as Facebook. Read the privacy statements of Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube (which may change regularly) to find out what they do with your personal data that they process through the application of cookies.
- Unclassified cookies are cookies that JMT is still classifying jointly with the providers of the distinct cookies.
Applications for cookies by JMT
JMT utilises cookies to facilitate the use of our web-shop / logging in on our website, and to store your settings and preferences. In addition, we place cookies on your computer to avoid your seeing particular ads too often, and to register the number of times an ad is displayed. These cookies are not linked to a profile that regards you.
Furthermore, granted your permission, our advertisers place “tracking cookies” on your computer. They use these cookies to keep track of the pages you visit, so as to construct a profile of your on-line behaviour. This profile is also constructed on the basis of comparable information they obtain about your visits to other websites on which they advertise. This profile is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address and other matters that are known to us, but is only intended to align ads with your profile so they will be as relevant to you as possible.
Through our website, a cookie from the American company Google is placed, as a component of their Analytics-services. We make use of these services to keep track of, and get reports on, how visitors use the website. Google can provide this information to third parties in case Google is legally obligated to do so, or to the extent third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We exert no influence on these matters.
The information Google collects is rendered anonymous as much as possible. Your IP-address is emphatically not forwarded. The information is transferred to Google that stores it on servers in the United States.
You have the right to ask to inspect, correct or remove your data. For further information see our contact page. To avoid improper use, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately. In case it regards inspection of personal data linked to a cookie, you will have to send a copy of the relevant cookie along with your request.
Without placement of the necessary cookies, JMT does not permit users to utilise the services. However, JMT will ask as a standard procedure to agree with the application of all cookies put to use by JMT.
This information was published first in September 2016. Possibly, and notwithstanding our efforts, the above description is not fully comprehensive. Its completion is being worked on. In case you encounter a cookie that has not been described, you can report it to JMT through the contact page.
You can always check and erase cookies, and you can arrange the settings on your browser so as to block cookies. You can read more about this on the website aboutcookies.org. This does entail that you’ll have to select your preferences on each visit anew, and that certain components of the website will not work (properly). Blocking or erasing cookies, parenthetically, does not mean you will not see any more ads.
Besides cookies, our services may also make use of similar technologies to store and read data on your devices. Just like cookies, these technologies are used to store a unique identifying code for your device, which can subsequently be used to track your behaviour. That identifying code can, for example, be based on your browser settings combined with your IP-address. In case you do not appreciate your behaviour being tracked, you can switch off this function through the Do-No-Track-function on your browser. Removing cookies does not mean that your behaviour will not be tracked anymore.
Modifying the privacy and cookie statement
JMT reserves itself the right to modify this privacy and cookie statement. Therefore, regularly consult the privacy and cookie statement.